Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thinking of Porter who just turned 5!






Well, I was sitting here missing my grandkids and thinking about Porter turning 5 and not being able to be at the party and so I decided to have a party of my own and wish you were all here! First of all you are all invited and I decided to have it at the beach but it will take me a couple of days to move the trash so we can have a place to spread the blanket on! I am thinking a jellyfish shaped cake would be fun maybe filled with jello! I'm trying to time this to coincide with Porter's birthday party on Saturday---a Lego Party--fun! Birthday parties are one of my favorite events so Porter, Poppy and I will be thinking of you on saturday even though we won't be there I will eat a piece of cake in your honor!


Since he is 5 now here are five reasons I love Porter!

1. He has a very funny sense of humor and is almost always smiling or thinking.

2. He is very creative and likes to go all out when it involves anything wet or sticky.

3. He drew a perfect circle on the wall when he was only 3 years old!

4. He is sensitive and kind and notices the injustices in life to the little guy and plays really nice with his sister.

5. He has a wonderful imagination.


2 comments:

Casey said...

Grammy,
I'm sorry that you couldn't come to my birthday and that I miss you and poppy. I know that you have a birthday coming up and I know that you know the truth and sometimes I know. Thank you for the star wars guys, but not the legos, those are from nana, and I miss you. Tell Poppy that I miss him and miss chopping his fingers off with my lightsabers. I love you grammy and poppy.
Love, Porter the 5 year old

Amanda said...

Porter sure likes looking at the pictures you put of him on here. He keeps asking if it's his friend Randy and when I say "no it's you" he says "but my hair was different and I look little"

Also on a separate note we had stake confrence today and our mission president spoke and talked about being involved in missionary work and being dedicated to it. He compared it to a baccon and egg breakfast, he said the chicken was involved but that pig, now he was dedicated. I thought it was a cute idea.