Thursday, February 14, 2008

A day in the life of the Mission president....




Well, here goes my feeble attempt at a blog. I give all thanks to Will who has held my hand via the telephone to get me this far! Thanks Will! So anyway, Dad and I went to Cusco last week only to land at the airport and find out that they were having a strike! There were no taxis to be found because they were throwing rocks and burning tires and causing mayhem for the tourists so being the stalwert missionaries that we are we hefted our bags and start walking to the hotel which is about 2 miles away. Fortunately the Assistents came to our rescue and none too soon I might add because I definitely was not dressed in my walking shoes! Anyway, they brought us two guys pushing these three wheeled bicicyle things and threw our bags in one and I jumped on top of the other. I really felt quite regal as we headed down the back alleys of Cusco trying to avoid the main roads! Luckily the strike was only for one day so we were back in business after only a few hours of wondering if the mission was over (just kidding!) But today we came home a day early because we were informed that there would be another strike starting tomorrow so we had a quick zone conference and headed back to the airport and back home to Lima. Now I don't want you all to think that it is really that dangerous here...they just like to strike, throw a few rocks and burn a few tires and get drunk... its kind of a national past time for the Peruvians!

4 comments:

Willie said...

Mom your a pro blogger already, keep it up we really like it!

Amanda said...

Now that wasn't so bad was it? And that's all a blog really is, just keep it up to date as much as possible, even if there aren't any photos. Oh, and everyone likes comments!

- Casey

leigh said...

maybe we will get a visit in - i like all the colors too (maybe not the strikes)

Suz said...

Peggy I love how you are being taken care of in Peru. You are the Queen.