Monday, September 1, 2008

The Rolling Stones came to Peru---live!

Yes, I guess the Lord knew that Jeff needed a little vacation so he sent the Rolling Stones to entertain him for the weekend---actually it was the Kidney stones! He got to have a nice stay in the hospital and got waited on for a few days and he even did a little drugs! Morphine is now on his top ten list of favorite drugs for pain, it being number one. After a harrowing drive to the emergency room with Jeff, throwing up and directing peruvian traffic all at the same time, while I drove (I wish I had a video of that drive!) he was admitted and started on an IV drip. It seems that he has been drinking way too much grapefruit juice (which is his favorite drink in the world) because it causes little stones to form in your kidneys....so just remember that if you are a grapefruit drinker like he is--BEWARE! He is back home now but we are still waiting for the stone to pass--hopefully it will be soon. He says he now knows what it feels like to have a baby!

4 comments:

Garry and Sue Borders said...

Jeff and Peggy,
I appreciate knowing about this blog. I regret Jeff is getting a lesson in pain. He has had too many in the last two years. I hope the stones pass quickly and don't cause any more problems. I will pass on your request to Sue. She has been playing Grandma Borders for the last month. We have had all of the grandchildren staying with us at one time or the other continuously since the end of July. They really kept Sue hopping. They finally left last night and this has been our first day of quiet. The house has been demolished and we are trying to get things back in order. We will pray a little harder for you. In the meantime I hope the stones pass quickly. We love you both. Garry and Sue

Jamie said...

Its nice you can see the blessings in Jeff having to go to the hospital and great that he finally knows some of the pain you went through in all your child bearing.

I hope he feels better soon.

Funny about him directing traffic on the way to the hospita--I can totally picture it.

andrea said...

Yikes! Hope it passes soon. I'm sure he doesn't like to be slowed down.

Amanda said...

Hey dad,
I think you may have been misdiagnosed. It sounds exactly like what I went through when I had my appendicitis. Well, I guess now you can really sympathize with all those missionaries who have had to stay in the hospital and trust south american doctors with cutting open their bodies. I hope you had a cute nurse. (by that I of course mean Mom!)