Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The small plates of Elmer...

This is my little miracle!
It comes with everything from towels to silverware to appliances!

I know this probably doesn't look like much but it is a true modern day miracle!

Okay so I missed a day...I knew this wasn't going to be perfect!

I had a really great experience a couple of weeks ago. I had the assignment to find an apartment for an office couple that are coming to our mission. (They are actually Kay and Karen Cleverly--Kay is the husband of James Peterson's daughter Claudia who passed away a few years ago.) I only had one day to find this apartment and so I had been fasting because I knew of the slim possiblities of finding something reasonable in San Isidro district close to the office. San Isidro is like trying to find an apartment in Beverly Hills! Well, my whole day became consumed by other problems and when I realized that the day was almost gone I panicked and said a quick prayer and started driving towards the office. I had seen a sign in a window of an apartment and so I thought I would start there to see how much and if it was available. The doorman was pretty rude and said it was 1,200 dollars a month and that it didn't include anything. So alittle discouraged, I went to the building where the South mission office elders live to see if they had anything and the doorman was real nice but they had nothing available and so now alittle desperate I said a prayer of faith and got in the car again and looked at the clock---it was now after 5:00pm! But I got the impression that I should drive down a little side street one block from the office in between Ave. Jorge Basadre and Ave. Javier Prado and as I drove slowly down the street I felt impressed to stop. I looked to the right and saw a nice secluded apartment building and I went up and knocked on the door. The doorman opened the door and when I asked if they had a one bedroom apartment he immediately said, Yes, one had just come available and to top it off it was fully furnished! (This is an added blessing because these couples come on their missions with only their clothes and a few books etc. and I was wondering how in the world we were going to furnish an apartment!) Anyway, he showed it to me and it was perfect but I was afraid to ask the price, especially being fully furnished, but to my surprize it was only 450$ and that included the water and lights etc. It also has a really nice club house with a pool and a gym and everything and I thought, this is where the mission presidents need to live!! Just kidding!! I felt so greatful to the Lord for directing me there and I have no doubt that He directs this work---He knows our needs and he loves us and its just wonderful to see the small miracles unfold before our eyes if we will ask in faith, nothing waivering! There is a scripture in Mormon 9:19-21 that I love--read it, its great!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Great story--very inspiring. Seriously, it makes me want to keep praying when things aren't going right. Thanks a lot!

Jamie said...

By the way did you know I have a blog too? its junecleaver-jamie@blogspot.com

Jamie said...

sorry I'm commenting so much I meant
junecleaver-jamie.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Awsome...I think you should use the pool and req room sometime!